Like most people I know, there is a playlist on my iTunes called “Workout Music.” It’s the playlist I listen to to keep up my enthusiasm for moving my body. Fast paced, with beats that drive themselves into your head. I rarely get through the first 10 or so selections. Here’s my list. What’s yours? Suggestions for good workout songs always welcome!
1. The Planets, Op. 32: I. Mars, the Bringer of War
2. Born to Be Wild (Easy Rider Version)
3. Theme song from The Magnificent Seven
4. Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries
5. Theme from Hawaii Five-O
6. Pickin’ the Sun Down, John Denver
7. Scotland the Brave, Steve Reel
8. Theme from The Wild Wild West (TV, not movie.)
9. Orange Blossom Special, The Charlie Daniels Band
Here I put in some music that still inspiring, but slows down a bit.
11. Tainted Love, Soft Cell
12. For What it’s Worth, Buffalo Springfield
13. Classical Gas, Mason Williams
14. Eve of Destruction, Barry McGuire
15. Mo Ghile Mear, Celtic Woman
The list goes on, speeding up again, but I almost never get that far.